1996 Porsche 993 Turbo
Spotted in Los Angeles, California is a 1996 Porsche 993 Turbo for sale. This car is at auction with only 4 hours to go. It has a clean title with only 27,878 original miles. I am curious to see where this car sells at. It is red with black interior. The door inserts are red and the gauges have orange faces. Do you know if these are factory options? This is a low mileage car and should sell for north of $120k. It has a clean title with bidding at $97,000 USD. The 993 Turbo was produced for 1996 to 1998 only. It used a 3.6 liter turbo charged engine producing 402 hp.
What would you bid for this car?
Odometer 27,878 miles
Current Auction Price $96,500 USD
Within the 1996 through 1998 production run, there were two distinct differences: the 1996 and the later ones. The 1997s and 1998s had the following differences from the 1996s:
- Stronger transmission input shafts (a known weakness due to the combination of immense power and AWD).
- An ECU that was able to be flashed and modified (the 1996 was not modifiable).
- With the addition of a Porsche child seat, the passenger airbag was cut off.
- Motion sensors for the alarm that were integrated into the map light above the rear view mirror.
- Standard wheel center caps that said “turbo” (the 1996 version had Porsche crests).
What do you think?