1974 Volkswagen Thing
Location: Las Vegas
Price: $8,500 US Dollars
The seller just took an incredible road trip by driving this Thing down from Seattle to Las Vegas. He states the Floor boards have no rust but the the body has dings and patina which adds to her charm. It comes with a new set of tires as well as a fiberglass hard top. The top seems to be in ok shape and should be test fitted. The price is $8,500 but will take best offer. I could see this being a fun beach car.
Click Here for Ad
The VW type 181 was manufactured from 1968 to 1983. An amazingly long manufacturing run. It was originally developed for the West German Army but also sold the public. It shares the same floor plan as the type 1 Karmann Ghia.
They were manufactured in:
- Wolfsburg, West Germany 1968-1974
- Hanover, West Germany 1974 -1983
- Puebla , Mexico 1970 -1980
- Jakarta, Indonesia 1973-1980
Names around the World:
- West Germany called Kurierwagen
- United Kingdom called the Trekker
- United States called the Thing
- Mexico and South America called The Safari
- Italy caled the Pescaccia
What do you think?