1964 Aston Martin DB5 Convertible Found for Sale
This is a super rare Aston Martin DB5 Convertible. Seller states its a matching numbers car with ID tags for confirmation. Also this car comes Air Conditioning which is a very rare option for these cars. Only 123 convertible DB5 were built. They did not use the “Volante” name until 1965. The convertibles were built only from 1963 to 1965. As you probably already know the DB5 prices are skyrocketed to $750,000 USD or more. These are such iconic cars and finding a convertible to buy is just an incredibly rare opportunity.
- Originally 19 of the 123 DB5 Convertibles were left hand drive
- 12 cars were fitted with a factory Vantage engine
- At least 1 convertible was factory fitted with DB6 specification Vantage engine
- A rare factory option fitted by Works Service prior to customer delivery was a steel removable hard top
- From October 1965 to October 1966, Aston Martin took the last 37 DB5 chassis to make another convertible model. These 37 cars are referred to as “Short Chassis” Volantes. They are the first to carry the Volante convertible name.
Price: $2,200,000 USD
Fact: The “Short Chassis” name for the 37 convertible Volantes built in October 1965 to October 1966 are due to the following
Short Chassis name comes the comparison of the DB5 to the DB6. Whats funny is that the DB6 was not shorter at all but the same size. The DB5 convertibles differ in that the DB5 short chassis convertibles featured a DB6 split front and rear bumpers and shared lights also used on the DB6.