1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Super
Spotted in Greenwich Village is a 1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Super for $69,900 USD. This is a 1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Super Coupe Reutter with a straight original body. The car competed in the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, and Lime Rock Historic Festivals. The car has gone through a restoration at 98,420 miles. The car currently shows 492 miles by the previous owner after the restoration. The engine is non matching.
What do you think of this car?
What do you make of the center of the floor pan?
Price $69,900 USD
1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Super Coupe Reutter. Straight original body.
There are two small blisters on the hood near the “P” of “PORSCHE” Script (see photo)
There is a dent on the right front fender (see photo)
– Correct stamp “103370” in Trunk Area Floor (see photo)
– Correct stamp “70” visible on Trunk Lid Hinge (see photo)
– Correct stamp “103 370” in Door Jamb (see photo)
– Correct stamp “370” seen through Rear Engine Grill (see photo)
– Ex. Peter Brittingham, 356 Restorer and Racer. I have Photo documentation, magazine, invoices, DMV records and also Photos of the vintage races this car competed in, including the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, and Lime Rock Historic Festivals.
– Mileage on car at time of restoration: 98,420 miles
– Car was restored 492 miles ago, by previous owner in 2006.
– Car was converted to 12V
– Engine is Non-Matching
From 1957 – 1959 Porsche made
12,193 356A (T2)
7,225 356A (T2) Coupes
1,722 356A (T2) SUPER Coupes (Estimated)
378 356A (T2) SUPER Coupes in Silver (Estimated)
Of those, it is believed that approximately 30% survived. So, you can understand how rare these cars are….
1958/1959 (T2’s) Silver 356A’s do not come up for sale often, in the last 6 months i have only seen 2 come up for sale, and one of those needed a full restoration.