1955 Porsche 356 Speedster Found in Los Angeles
This black 1955 Speedster is being sold by LA Workshop 5001, Inc located in Los Angeles, California. There are 5 days left for bidding on the Ebay Ad. It shows 9 people watching.
There is a fully restored 1955 Speedster for sale in Ohio for $329,000 Or Best Offer.
Are Speedster prices still rising?
What do you think of this car?
In 1954, the Speedster was launched in the USA and was an instant hit. It was not launched in Europe until 1955. All Speedsters were built at Reutter Coachbuilders in Zuffenhausen.
- About 200 Pre-A Speedsters prototypes were built by the end of 1954. The first production cars were called Pre-A models.
- 1,234 Pre-A Speedster produced
- In October 1955, the 356A (T1) Speedster was launched and produced until August 1957 whent he T2 Speedster came out.
- 1,850 356A Speedsters were produced.
The 356A Speedster was virtually a new car under the unchanged body work with major changes to the chassis, engine, gearbox, suspension and steering. 2 engines were offered to replace the 1500cc engine of the Pre-A Speedsters.
- 616/1 1600N “normal” engine with 60 hp
- 616/2 1600 “Super” engine with 75hp
- The new gearbox introduced in 1956 had a cast cylindrical aluminium case and was mounted by two large rubber blocks to the torsion bar housing tube (so known as the ‘tunnel’ or ‘dual-mount’ gearbox)
- The front suspension changed from Volkswagen components to a new design with adjustable 8 leaf torsion bars.
- The anti roll bar and shock absorbers were beefed up and the rear suspension was improved.
- Wheels were smaller in diameter: 15in but with wider tyres: 5.60-15 – or 5.90-15.
- The VW ‘worm and nut’ steering box was replaced by a new ‘worm and peg’ unit, reducing the turns lock-to-lock and the turning circle diameter.
Contact: Marlon Goldberg (516) 721 -6339
Price: $295,000 US Dollars